Greetings, Citizens of the Universe!
2018 is almost over and since the final regular post went up a few weeks ago, it’s high time to look back and celebrate. (We could use some good cheer, given recent events.)
Sorry I couldn’t get to it sooner. I’ve been a tad busy with trying to get Magi-Kat Creates 2.0 set up that I kinda lost track of time.
You know the deal: Top 5 is italicized and the Top 3 are in bold. I’ve also merged results that share identical results.
Results as of 12/22.
- Keep On Heartdancing on Dream Road, ‘Morrow Idiot! (82 Views)
- Frou-Frou Sato (50 Views)
- Haromageddon 2002 ~ 15 Years Earlier and Ping Pong Pinpoint, January 2018 Edition: Beginnings and Endings Galore (31 Views)
- A Wordless “I LOVE YOU”: A Sandwiched Farewell to V-U-Den (21 Views)
- Haromageddon 2017 ~ 15 Years Later (18 Views)
- The Price of the “Sotsugyou” ~ Part 1 (17 Views)
- Par Eggs-ellence and M3 Project Announcement: 20 Years of Fun (16 Views)
- They’re Blue, Ba Da Dee Ba Da Di and The Price of the Sotsugyou – Part 2 (14 Views)
- Ice Fairypuffs: The Strongest Generation (how appropriate) and Come On and Dance with Kohamajima’s Pop Grannies (12 Views)
- The Idols Possibly Known As LADYBABY, Eight Little Magnolias, and BABYMETAL Resistance (11 Views)
Results as of 12/22/2018 1am Eastern Time.
- M3 10th Anniversary Project Production Red Diary Masterpost and Puffed Ogata Haruna Special Graduation Repost and Initial Take – 6 Pageviews (2.59%) / 6 Unique Pageviews (3.28%) / 6 Entrances (5.08%)
- Ice Fairypuffs: The Strongest Generation – 6 Pageviews (2.59%) / 1 Unique Pageviews (0.55%) / 0 Entrances (0.00%)
- Magic Metal Meteora Announcement – 5 Pageviews (2.16%) / 5 Unique Pageviews (2.73%) / 5 Entrances (4.24%)
- Reblog from momuse – 5 Pageviews (2.16%) / 3 Unique Pageviews (1.64%) / 3 Entrances (2.54%)
- Coming Soon to M3: Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari) Review and M3 10th Anniversary Project Production Red Diary #13 – 4 Pageviews (1.72%) / 4 Unique Pageviews (2.19%) / 4 Entrances (3.39%)
- 🗞️📰 Announcement Regarding the M3 Grand Prix Momusu Singling Out Tourney 📰🗞️ and Momusu M3 Grand Prix Update – 8/8 – 4 Pageviews (1.72%) / 4 Unique Pageviews (2.19%) / 3 Entrances (2.54%)
- Frosty Reflections – 4 Pageviews (1.72%) / 1 Unique Pageviews (0.55%) / 0 Entrances (0.00%)
- M3 10th Anniversary Project Production Red Diary #08, Momusu M3 Grand Prix Update – 2/23, Q2 Announcement, and Q1 & Q2 Roundups + Q3 Schedule Announcement – 3 Pageviews (1.29%) / 3 Unique Pageviews (1.64%) / 3 Entrances (2.54%)
- Momusu M3 Grand Prix Update – 8/2 – 3 Pageviews (1.29%) / 3 Unique Pageviews (1.64%) / 2 Entrances (1.69%)
- Reblog from helloidols – 3 Pageviews (1.29%) / 2 Unique Pageviews (1.09%) / 1 Entrances (0.85%)
Results as of 12/22.
- Search Engines (163 Views)
- Facebook (140 Views)
- Twitter (52 Views)
- Itsumo Genki (33 Views)
- WordPress.com Reader (30 Views)
- Tumblr (19 Views)
- Morningtime (17 Views)
- cdn.ampproject.org (13 Views)
- WordPress Android App (10 Views)
M3 Tumblr (7 Views)The Number 244, Yes Tiger!, Wota in Translation (4 Views)
Results as of 12/22.
- Direct – 45 Users (43.27%) / 45 New Users (375.00%) / 51 Sessions (255.00%)
- Facebook – 35 Users (33.65%) / 35 New Users (291.67%) / 35 Sessions (175.00%)
- Twitter – 8 Users (7.69%) / 7 New Users (58.33%) / 10 Sessions (50.00%)
- magikat.wordpress.com – 8 Users (7.69%) / 6 New Users (5.94%) / 12 Sessions (10.17%)
- isilwentari.wordpress.com – 3 Users (2.88%) / 3 New Users (2.97%) / 5 Sessions (4.24%)
- outlook.live.com (Referral) – 1 Users (4.17%) / 1 New Users (8.33%) / 1 Sessions (5.00%)
- Organic Search – 1 Users (4.17%) / 1 New Users (8.33%) / 1 Sessions (5.00%)
- wordpress.com – 1 Users (0.96%) / 1 New Users (0.99%) / 1 Sessions (0.85%)
- asukki-chan.deviantart.com – 1 Users (0.96%) / 1 New Users (0.99%) / 1 Sessions (0.85%)
- Instagram – 1 Users (0.96%) / 1 New Users (0.99%) / 1 Sessions (0.85%)
Results as of 12/22.
- United States (478 Views)
- Canada (101 Views)
- Jamaica (61 Views)
- Japan and United Kingdom (49 Views)
- Finland (27 Views)
- Taiwan (26 Views)
- Vietnam and Brazil (22 Views)
- Indonesia (21 Views)
- Germany (20 Views)
- Malaysia (19 Views)
Results as of 12/22/18 at 12:04:02 AM Eastern Time.
- United States – 35 Users (34.31%) / 34 New Users (33.66%) / 46 Sessions (38.98%)
- Peru – 24 Users (23.53%) / 24 New Users (23.76%) / 24 Sessions (20.34%)
- Japan – 10 Users (9.80%) / 10 New Users (9.90%) / 11 Sessions (9.32%)
- Canada – 7 Users (6.86%) / 7 New Users (6.93%) / 8 Sessions (6.78%)
- Philippines – 4 Users (3.92%) / 4 New Users (3.96%) / 4 Sessions (3.39%)
- United Kingdom – 3 Users (2.94%) / 3 New Users (2.97%) / 3 Sessions (2.54%)
- Finland, Lithuania, Mexico, Turkey – 2 Users (1.96%) / 2 New Users (1.98%) / 2 Sessions (1.69%)
- Vietnam – 1 Users (0.98%) / 1 New Users (0.99%) / 3 Sessions (2.54%)
- Singapore – 1 Users (0.98%) / 1 New Users (0.99%) / 2 Sessions (1.69%)
- Germany, Andorra, United Arab Emirates, Brazil, Indonesia, India, New Zealand, Panama, Taiwan – 1 Users (0.98%) / 1 New Users (0.99%) / 1 Sessions (0.85%)
What an amazing year. Now to close out with a small digest to get everyone up to speed.
- Hark! More Crying Angels Sing: After a tease on the November 19 installment of The Girls Live, ANGERME will once again be adding to its ranks. On November 3rd, it was announced that Hokkaido Kenshuusei Ota Haruka and ONLY YOU Audition participant Ise Reira would be joining the Crying Angel Choir. Congrats and can’t wait to see them in action come 2019!
- BEYOOOOOND All Time and Space!: After months and months of anticipation, we finally have an audition that wasn’t a bust. On December 3rd, Hirai Miyo, Kobayashi Honoka, and Satoyoshi Utano were declared the winners of the “ONLY YOU” Audition and joined the ranks of CHICA#TETSU (Ichioka Factory) and Ame no Mori Kawa Umi (Walnutpeach Factory) as part of BEYOOOOONDS. Same message applies here. (I’m just happy that all of this effort didn’t go to waste. I am far from the only one who was getting tired of dud auditions.)
- Abandon All Rihope, All Who Ye Who Enter: On December 7th, news that has been dreaded for at least a year had arrived: Sayashi Riho, who had been signed to H!P as a soloist since her Morning Musume graduation in 2015, had effectively graduated when her contract expired at November’s end. Afterwards, she intended to “head towards a new goal” and “absorb many things,” thanking the fans for their support. Sad to see Riho go, just barely a month after Aika too. I hope she keeps rocking whatever she’s doing now.
- Miki’s Surprise English Lesson Hiatus: Morning Musume ’18 member, “global representative,” and resident English speaker Nonaka Miki announced a pause in her idol activities so she can study English abroad. As a result, she’ll miss a few events. At least it wasn’t a graduation, since the announcement came three days before Harunan’s graduation. I heard it’s bad form to announce your own graduation on the wings of another’s. (Hold on to that thought for a bit.
- The Agony of the Feet: On December 19, it was announced that ANGERME’s Nakanishi Kana would be limiting to activities, due to enthetitis in her left Achilles tendon. Further updates will be provided in mid-January. At least it wasn’t another graduation announcement! …Wait.
- Next Is You…kanyan: On December 21, Juice=Juice leader Miyazaki Yuka announced her graduation. Congratulations, Yukanyan! You’re going to be the first thing I talk about in 2019.
You guys may have noticed that I left out something… the Morning Musume Germany(c) situation (which will henceforth be referred to on the blog as “Friesgate” for convenience sake. Those who have been following the situation (or following those following) would get the etymology).
On December 17 (yes, seriously), it had been made aware that a guy from Germany had been fraudulently claiming official Morning Musume content as his own, along with uploading their songs to Spotify without their permission (and that’s not the half of it…). Further details can be found in on this Hello! Online thread (along with this later one made just for this particular topic) and in this in-depth Twitter thread.
As early as December 19 (New Jersey time), the Japanese side of the fandom has been made aware and have joined the clarion call.
As a result, I must make a blog-related announcement: Due to the fact even official videos (including their two most recent singles) are being affected, I’d might as well announce this: Until further notice, the reviews for Morning Musume’s 64th, 65th, and 66th singles are postponed. I do my darnedest to show my support for the group (and Hello! Project as a whole) and it sickens me to know that their work is being stolen from like this. There are also legitimate concerns that this may impact further attempts of UFA at reaching their international fanbase, along with heightening the perception among the Japanese base that we just pirate everything and never support official material.
Since these were not only the last few (recent) singles I haven’t reviewed on the blog and they’re tied into a planned (and long-delayed) Triple A tribute post featuring my art (which will now be standalone), there is no way I do them in good faith. Needless to say, as a longtime Hello! Project fan and a content creator myself (along with someone who has heard countless horror stories of art theft from other artists), this left me livid.
…But let’s try to leave this year on a high note, rather than a big post-worthy rant about some rando saying his actions barely make him enough to get French fries. (Seriously, I could’ve made that its own post. Depending on things, I may in 2019.)
Have a safe holiday and a happy New Year, Citizens of the Universe!
Until next time!