Greetings, Citizens of the Universe!
This is a post to update you guys on some things. A lot has happened and it’s time to set things up for the months ahead.
Are you ready? Here we go!
Anniversary Review Vote
It’s now March! Cherry blossoms are about to bloom, graduates to be are plotting their next move (with labor-desperate business itching for some fresh blood), my niece is a year older (as will be some Facebook friends later in said month), and the time has finally come to bring the first Anniversary Review Vote to a close. As noted way back in January, this is to help celebrate Hello! Project’s 20th anniversary,
along with continue to celebrate M3’s 10th.
Here are the results!
- Buono! – Ren’ai♥Rider (5 – 83%)
- Athena & Robikerottsu – Seishun! LOVE Lunch (1 – 17%)
- Abe Natsumi & Yajima Maimi – 16sai no Koi Nante (0 – 0%)
- THE Possible – Love Message! (0 – 0%)
- C-ute – LALALA Shiawase no Uta (0 – 0%)
- C-ute – Koero! Rakuten Eagles (0 – 0%)
At first, Ren’ai♥Rider had a 2-0 lead on everyone else. Later on, Athena & Robikerottsu challenged the Berikyu Power Trio, but to no avail. Eventually, Buono! increased their lead to a landslide 5 vs Athena’s 2 and everyone else’s 0.
Needless to say, the winner of the first Anniversary Review Vote is Buono’s Ren’ai♥Rider! (Given the large amount of fans from the “Shugo Chara Gang,” this isn’t entirely surprising. There are two polls to back up the fact a sizable amount of the current H!P fanbase (at least, the one that doesn’t primarily speak Japanese) can date their fandom to at least 2007.)
Still though, the current blog period will have a proper closer in a special review of Buono’s Ren’ai Rider. Look forward to that, will you?
Oh yeah… observant voters may have noticed a choice or two missing from that list of possible choices in the now-concluded poll. What were they? Well..
- The first one was Berryz Koubou’s Dschinghis Khan, which had recently gotten a special review of its own as part of M3’s 10th Anniversary.
- The second one was Melon Kinenbi’s Charisma・Kirei, which I reviewed in December 2017. It was also the final review and regular post of 2017, the final post proper being the year-end post.
With Q1 done, that means there’s Q2 to look forward to. The Q2 blogging period runs from April 14, 2018 at 6:00am to June 20, 2018 at 12:00pm with the first Thursday (the default main blog publishing day) being April 19.
This means that the normal voting period for the Q2 Anniversary Review Vote will begin on April 19, 2018. (As usual, I’m opening up Early Voting, which starts as soon as this post is published.)
Voting ends May 31, 2018 at 11:00am at 16:00 UTC / 11:00am EST. Calculate your local time here.
M3 10th Anniversary Project Production Red Diary
If you’ve been following me on Tumblr (or anywhere else), you’d know that a big portion of my time went into these posts.
It should surprise no one that there’s going to be a new entry this week (unless you’re reading this on Thursday or afterwards) so look forward to that.
Once I iron out most of the kinks in Issue #1, I’ll get to settle one other hang-up: Where to post! It’s no secret that we idol fans also enjoy comics (including manga). I see you, Shugo Chara Gang (and Kira☆Revo crew). *points to above poll results*
Now, to my comic-loving readers who read webcomics: Where do you usually read comics and what day(s)? I’m legitimately curious because I want it to be a good fit. Do get your fix from Tapas or LINE Webtoon? Do you read comics on DeviantArt, Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr? (I have experience with most of the sites and I believe that you can make traction if you work hard enough. I already know I’m fighting an uphill battle and “competing” with hundreds and thousands of other creators.) I want to give Wish Upon a Meteor the best start I could give it.
Wish me luck regardless!
Momusu M3 Grand Prix
In case you missed it, we’re almost done setting up the Second Round!
You can help settle the last few ties in this thread. Once that’s all said and done, I’ll officially announce the start of the next round (while trying to prevent poll fatigue for all parties).
This is truly an exciting time.
Closing Things Out
While these were being taken care of, there are other things on the horizon for the blog.
Since I don’t have any side posts on the backburner (though one ate up whatever time/energy/focus I could give to other blog-related aspects), I hope to finally get to those other posts.
What’s currently on the docket for Q2 and beyond:
- Morning Musume 17’s final single, which I may end up tying into the Kuduu tribute and the Lupinranger post for obvious reasons.
- Against my better judgement, I decided to try to review a single from H!P’s 20 years. (Yes, the Anniversary Review Vote winners count.) They will primarily be posted during the blog’s “sweeps months” (May, August, October), in addition to other bits of foolishness I cooked up. In fact, I’ll announce the topic for Q2’s first one: Manoeri! (Ironically, she too is an H!Per-turned-toku actress.)
- Tsubaki Factory review… and new material has been announced for the Magnolias, the Juicy=Fruits, and the Crying Angel Choir. (Here’s hoping no one famous dies while I make that review. Speaking of which…)
- A tribute to Chester Bennington in the form of a spotlight on an unexpected idol scene. Get out your spiked bracelets and cyalume glowsticks!
Wish me luck on all of this and pray for my sanity!
With l💖ve and peace✌,