Greetings, Citizens of the Universe!
Seeing as it was around Thanksgiving, I decided to give myself a slight impromptu break from all of the blogging I’ve been doing. It’s a rather heavy time in the fandom anyway, what with the graduations and YouTube Red situation and all (and don’t get me started on other current events)…
Anyway, here’s some news!
- In light of Fukuda Kanon’s graduation, Nakanishi Kana and Takeuchi Akari have been made subleaders of ANGERME. Source: Hello! Project Fanpage and Hello! SayuNii.
- Tokunaga Chinami announced last week that she will be studying abroad to learn English, hoping to further her role as Hello! Project Advisor. Sources: Up-Front Link, Hello! SayuNii and Hello! Project Fanpage.
- Tanaka Reina will star in a stage musical adaptation of Fushigi Yuugi, playing the role of Miaka Yuuki. Source: Anime News Network (via Hello! SayuNii), Hello! Project Fanpage.
- To celebrate the fifth anniversary of her blog, Chiima is holding a contest dedicating to showcasing idol fandom. What makes you an idol fan? There’s a variety of answers and just as many ways to enter. You can find details on the post itself as it’s rather detailed. Having started on the 22nd of November, the contest will go on until January 3rd so hurry!
- Tsunku will be given a “Best Composition” award in the 57th Annual Record Awards. His only nomination in the category, this is for his work on Kumiko’s “Umaretekita Kurete Arigatou.” Source: Hello! Project Fanpage.
- Speaking of 57th Annual Record Awards, Kobushi Factory have been nominated for “Best New Face” in the same award, competing against three others. Good luck to all of them! Source: Hello! Project Fanpage.
- Chuu! Sugoi! Idol’s Fan Vote may have ended (on the 1st), but their Riho Tribute is still going on.
- J-Melo will be accepting submissions for dance and singing videos for their “‘One and Only’ Singing and Dancing Contest.” They will be accepting videos up until March 31, 2016 at 18:00 (6pm) Japan time. (That’s 5am Eastern US time.) Source: Website.
In other news, I started a preliminary sign up for a monthly artist newsletter. If you want to keep up with my other creative endeavors without worrying about algorithms, sign up for the mailing list! (Your personal info’s safe with me. *winks*) If you can’t see the form below, click here.
One effect of my burnout was coming up with new M3 Mysteries. (The slowdown in news barely helps matters.) Therefore, I’m allowing you a chance to comment on past M3 Mystery topics:
- 80’s idols
- Fandom gateways
- EDM elements in idol music
- H!P idol voices
- The revolving door system
- LGBT readings of One and Only
- Riho’s graduation
- Fukuda Kanon’s graduation
- The additions to Country Girls and ANGERME
Speaking of which, due to the aforementioned burnout/writer’s block, my involvement in a Secret Santa event on DeviantArt (I’m Asukki-chan), and my desire to submit a guest comic to Sister Claire’s “Guest Month” event, I’ll probably take an extended break from blogging. Besides, it’s a good time to reflect and consider the blog (among other things).
If I don’t post anything else after this in 2015, merry Christmas/happy holidays and happy new year, all.
Until the Next One (and keep circulating the posts)!