If you’re reading this, then congratulations! We’ve made it to the halfway mark of 2014. Let’s review what happened so far…
262,800 Minutes… to 2015’s Midnight.
Well, since I’ve covered virtually the first quarter already, this’ll be about the second quarter. (Repetitive, I know.)
- 16 – Morning Musume. ’14 unleashed their time-space-transcending password upon this day with their 56th second single, Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe / Password is 0. Personal issues initially prevented me from reviewing the single like I should.
- 30 – The S/mileys kick off their year with some sexy time and lady time in their first single of 2014, Mystery Night! / Eighteen Emotion!
- Close to the end of the month, Sayumi Michishige confirmed the fears of every paranoid fan (and not-so-paranoid-but-sensible fan) and announced her graduation.
- The glorious Otsuka Aina returned to show biz!
- Early May, Morning Musume 14 announced that they were doing to do a concert in New York later in the year. This’ll be the group’s second American landing since the LA show in 2009.
- Later in May, an incident shook up the idol world. While most idol collectives cancelled their handshake events, UFA didn’t cancel their events.
- It was announced that C-ute and Berryz Koubou will have concerts at the legendary Budokan in September.
- The 21st batch of Kenshuusei were unveiled. Good luck to all of the ladies on whatever the future has in store for them.
- In addition, the results of the “test” have been revealed.
- 04 – The Berryz celebrate 10 years as an idol group in their anniversary release. Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni / Fuutsu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!?.
- Kago Ai’s idol group have been unveiled. Weeks after the announcement, covers for their first single have been released. I really hope things go well for them (and Aibon can stay out of trouble).
- S/mileage’s new single has been announced. About a week later, the title was revealed as Aa Susukino / Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu with a scheduled release date of August 20th (the day before my birthday, coincidentally). (Expect a post on it during my current series in the future. I know, I need a break.)
…I sorta feel bad for the lack of reporting compared to the P3. Then again, news have been slow lately (and I’ve been working on my series). However, I suppose this is a good thing. It gives us a chance to relax and think of various things as a fandom and other things in our lives (like my hunt, for example).